Monday, November 23, 2009

I want another weekend--this one wasn't right!

Sometimes you plan and you anticipate, but from the start, things go wrong. This can be because of other people and their problems. Or it can be because of your own unexpected issues. This weekend, Saturday was impacted, as they say in the bureaucracies of the world, due to the illness of my mother-in-law. Sunday, it was because my son was ill. And I really put out some awesome mothering and wifing and tried to keep all the balls balanced and spinning. But a naughty neighborhood friend of my son's came along and tried to conceal how he broke furniture in my house last night during a playdate ("hang-out" to them) with my son. This was the end-point of my patience. Actually, it wasn't. I was still supermom and very nice, trying to think of clever and creative ways we can rehab his act of childhood villany (he tried to talk my son into hiding it and bribing him not tell and guilting him out). While I pondered that, my son argued over taking a ten-minute-early "lights-out" for his role. This also saw me being very patient and loving. Which only lasted until he picked up something and threw it to the ground. Childish temper! Never mind that he is a child--this is not aceptable! Then I told him to leave me alone and get in his room. He didn't like that. Today, he showed me "the hand" this morning and refused to talk. Naturally, we reconciled and he apologized, as did I. He knows he has it good. Sometimes too good.

No comments:

Post a Comment